Tuesday 29 January 2013

Try It Tuesday: Love Layout

 

 
 
Welcome to another Try It Tuesday scrapbooking page. Scrapbooking can be so rewarding for capturing all the details of life and remembering special times. I love to scrapbook small details as well as the more important but todays page is a big one. I was looking through my huge pile of scrappable photos and came across this one from Summer's Christening day.

I knew it would be perfect to pair up with the beautiful new More Amore Speciality Designer Series Paper and the Artisan Embellishments Kit from the Spring Summer Catalogue.
 
Once I'd picked my photo and papers I just needed a spot of layout inspiration so I turned to Page Maps. If you are new to scrapbooking or just a bit mojo challenged I find this site inspiring for getting my creativity flowing. Using Stampin' Up! papers and embellishments for a scrapbook page often makes the choosing part easy (every is already matching!) but it helps to get an idea of how to lay those elements out on the page.

Here is the sketch I chose to help me lay out my page elements:

I used up most of the leftover items from my Artisan Embellishments Kit on this page which meant I had one of the ribbon cardboard reels spare. I decided to use this as my hidden journalling tag. The brown heart card on the right that is tucked behind the photo is actually hiding my writing about the day. I have tried to include all the little details of the day that made me smile (such as Summer distracting the Vicar during the service and making her laugh!)- things that will be important for Summer to read when she is older. I think there is always a lot of emphasis placed on journalling in scrapbooking. I always try and include a little bit and not get hung up on my own handwriting. But I also think some photos can speak for themselves, so I try not to be prescriptive with every page I create.
 
I have some exciting news to share with you today. Starting next week I am beginning cardmaking classes at the Sew N So Craft Centre in Ryde (first class Thursday February 7th 1-3pm, £8.50). Spaces are limited so get in touch with the shop to book your space. I am so excited about beginning technique classes in a new venue and hope to see you there very soon.
 
Here is a little sneak peak of what we will be making:
Thanks for popping by today and please get in touch if you'd like any info on Stampin' Up!, Sale-A-Bration or the new Spring Summer Catalogue (poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249).
 
Happy Scrapping ;0)
-X-


1 comment:

  1. I only just found you! Congratulations! I wondered when the baby was due and here she is - what a lovely name to pick for her! Fab page! love it - are you going to Telford for training? x

    ReplyDelete