Thursday 24 January 2013

Make it Thursday Layered Motifs


When I sat down to create a layout for today's Make it Thursday I was drawn to these beautiful papers in the current Autumn Winter Catalogue, the Orchard Harvest Designer Series Papers. These are only available to order until January 31st and I wanted to make the most of them while they are still current. I paired these papers with a set of Regals Designer Buttons to create the photo frame.

However, the focus is not on the page itself, but on the embellishments and how you can create your own page details without breaking the bank investing in ready made embellishments.

Today I am focusing on a triple detailed focal motif. Over recent months a great number of my pages have used this layered punch motif to create a perfectly matching series of embellishments (using your crafty punches means you can economically use up scraps of matching papers to always have a perfectly matching theme). For this page I layered a punched heart on to a circle and finished with a clear Bitty Heart Button to give a bit of added texture.

 Another recent page I created for a pre-Christmas scrapbooking class used this same triple embellishment motif with images punched with the Merry Minis punches.

 I also created a similar motif with miniature stamped Christmas images. I used this banner to embellish a section within a divided scrapbook page.

These are all simple examples of creating layered motifs for your pages. They are good for creating continuity throughout an album if you have a particular theme or colour within your album. They are also quick, simple and easy to match with the details of your page (by using complimentary papers you are guaranteed to have an instant matching embellishment). You can create this with any shape of punch and you can layer as many details as you like. I've had a sneak peak of the upcoming Spring Summer catalogue and there is a beautiful new butterfly punch which would work perfectly for this technique.

As you gain more confidence and practice more with scrapbooking you can experiment with your layers and textures. Covering chipboard with matching papers is another way of adding definition and texture to your page.

I hope this has given you a few embellishment ideas to try on your next scrapbook page. Thank you for stopping by today and I will be back over the weekend with some cards we made at our January card class.

Happy scrapping ;0)

=XXX=

No comments:

Post a Comment