Friday 18 January 2013

Make It Thursday (a day late!)

Welcome to my first Make It Thursday (on a Friday!). I will be sharing techniques and ideas to make your own scrapbooking embellishments from Stampin' Up!'s fab products. Today's embellishment is a simple ribbon rose made from our crochet trim.

To start I used my Circles #2 Originals die (114526 £13.95) to cut a small circle from my double sided sticky sheet. For slightly larger embellishments Stampin' Up! have the perfect solution, ready cut Jumbo Sticky Rounds (127852- £4.50. These are pictured on the left and also perfect for making these exact embellishments). I also cut a length of the lovely Victoria Crochet Trim (118481- £6.25) which is perfect for making vintage style embellishments for vintage layouts or cards.
 I peeled back the top layer of sticky and created a point with my crochet trim which I stuck in the centre of the sticky circle.
 You can then begin creating your rose by twisting and sticking the ribbon around this central point. If you twist the ribbon as you go you get a nice textured and neat rose as you go.
 You continue to twist until you have the desired size ribbon rose (you can continue to the edge of your sticky circle, or trim the remaining sticky base once you have the size you want).
I continued right to the edge of my sticky circle and just snipped the remaining ribbon with my scissors and then tucked the end of the ribbon in to the side of the rose (ensure this is securely stuck to the sticky base or use a glue dot to make sure this doesn't come loose).
 To finish I used my Paper Piercing Tool (126189 - £3.50) to create a hole in the centre and pushed through an Antique Brad ( 117273 - £5.50)
 It is as simple as that and the beauty of using the Jumbo Sticky Rounds is that your embellishment can be peeled off and stuck straight to your desired project.

Here are two of these ribbon roses on a layout we completed in a recently scrapbooking class.


 And the finished page.

`
If you'd like any further information on our products or to order any of the mentioned products used please get in touch on poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249. I place orders throughout the month or can place an order specifically for you for the postage cost of £4.95 (delivered direct to your door). Happy to help in any way I can.

If you would like to learn more about scrapbooking, I am holding my monthly class on Monday night (21st January) at 7pm. Get in touch for more info or to book your place.

Happy Scrappin'
-x-

1 comment: