Wednesday 7 November 2012

Come to Bethlehem Christmas Cards


I thought I would share two Christmas card projects today. For last month's card class I wanted to create a card with the lovely new Christmas-y stamp set, Come to Bethlehem, from the new annual catalogue. I had seen this set in the American catalogue and loved it and had my fingers crossed it would travel over to our catalogue.
 
The card above is the one we made during the class (inspired by this card I had seen on Pinterest). I love this vintage-y aged colour scheme- Brushed Gold and Chocolate Chip. And I always love a bit of daubering round the edges of the card for an aged look.  The image was heat embossed in gold on Naturals Ivory cardstock. This was then layered on to a background of Brushed Gold embossed with the new Lacy Brocade embossing folder.

This second card was one I toyed with demonstrating at our card class but chose the above card instead. I love how the wise men image fits so perfectly within the Apothecary Accents Framelit. I heat embossed the image in black and layered on to Brushed Silver Cardstock and another Lacy Brocade embossed layer in Night of Navy (I brushed my Illuminate ink pad over this layer to give a shimmery sheen). To create the night sky circle I punched a circle in a post it note as a template. I then inked Marina Mist and Baja Breeze over the star to create the night sky circle
 I love this stamp set and cannot wait to use it next month as part of my Journal Your Christmas album (I've been collecting supplies for it for a couple of months already).

Hope you liked my shared projects today. Please get in touch with any Stampin' Up! questions or to find out more about booking a party or attending a class. I'm happy to help in any way I can: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

I'm just off to pack my bag for a crafty birthday party tonight.  I do so love planning a Christmas themed birthday party crafty evening.

Happy mid-week crafting to all.
-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment