Monday 15 October 2012

A Wonderfall Birthday

Happy Monday morning to you all. I hope you had a lovely weekend.
 
I had a lovely Saturday afternoon spent with some crafty ladies for a Stampin' Up! party. Thank you to the lovely Angie for hosting and I look forward to delivering you a big box of Stampin' Up! goodies very soon. I will be sharing with you the make and take card we made later in the week. But I thought I would share the Demo project I made as the hostess thank you gift. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the set I made for Saturday but made a similar set for my downline Sandy who celebrated her birthday on Friday.
 
I absolutely love the Triple Time Stamping technique and thought it would work so well with the Wonderfall stamp set. I chose the colour scheme to match the Orchard Harvest Designer Series Paper (Raspberry Ripple, Cajun Craze, More Mustard & Gumball Green). I stamped the  leaves on the card in the various different colours making sure to cross the Whisper White layers. I stamped the Teeny Tiny Wishes Happy Birthday sentiment in Raspberry Ripple.
 
I then created a matching sliding gift box embellished with Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon and Summer Starfruit Stitched Ribbon. I also cut and embossed leaves using the Autumn Accent bigz Die to embellish the box.


Inside the sliding drawer is a set of scented stamped tealight candles. These were stamped in matching colours using parts of the Wonderfall leaf images. I found this brilliant tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers which explained how to create stamped tealights.
 
I was really pleased with the effect and the tealight stamping demo went down a treat too.
 
Happy Monday Crafting to you.

Please get in touch if you'd like to find out more about hosting a Stampin' Up! party. I am more than happy to Demo any technique or create a make and take for your interests. Just get in touch and I'll be happy to talk you through it: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.
 
-xxx-

1 comment:

  1. Love this Sarah, I hadn't thought of using tea lights before. Might have to get that stamp set!!! My Halloween Tree is up, really pleased with it.

    xx's to Summer Hx

    ReplyDelete