Thursday 20 September 2012

Flowery Season's Greetings

So it is that time of the year again. The time when crafters minds skip forward a few months and we start to plan for Christmas. For this month's card class we created this aperture 'Showstopper' (any Great British Bake Off fans will understand the idea of a showstopper ;0). I'd seen a very similar card over on Julie Kettlewell's blog and wanted to have a go with my fab framelits and Apothecary Art stamp set (another set due to return in the new Annual Catalogue).
 The colours we used were Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green (such a classic Christmas colour combination). 
 We embellished the stamped wreath with swirly paper flowers and flowers punched with the Boho Blossoms punch (and leaves from the Bird Punch). Each flower was accessorized with a Basic Pearl.
Here is a quick close up of the swirly curled paper flowers.
 
I loved creating this card. It would be perfect for that extra special someone at Christmas (or adapted for a birthday or special occasion). It is so effective yet deceptively simple to create.
 
I am so enjoying Christmas crafting again. This is my favourite time in the crafting calendar and I love designing my festive workshops and classes (please get in touch to book a party or a space in a festive class- poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249). I have just had a fantastic delivery of new seasonal products and stamp sets from the Autumn Winter Catalogue. I am itching to get started with my festive crafting.
 
Please pop back on Saturday to join in with the Pinkie's blog hop. I have a project to share using the lovely Orchard Harvest Suite and Autumn Accents Die.
 
Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment