Thursday 27 September 2012

A very Happy Birthday

Well technically this isn't entirely current Stampin' Up product but I wanted to share my sister's birthday cards with you all the same (and wish Natalie a very Happy Birthday today too ;0)
 
These are the two designs I came up with for Natalie's birthday today.

The first was inspired by a beautiful button rainbow I'd seen on Pinterest. I decided to give it a Stampin' Up! spin and create this for Aunty NatNip from Summer. I'm not sure where the sentiment came from off the top of my head. I think it is a retired Hostess sentiment set. I thought it worked perfectly with this rainbow design. I punched a scallop circle and inked the edges with Tempting Turquoise for the clouds and then created the rainbow with Bright and Regals Designer Buttons.


I have seen a lot of these Beautiful Wings Embosslit card and frame designs. I wanted to give one a go as I just adore this Embosslit (I don't think a crafting session goes by without me creating something with these butterflies). The papers I used are a now retired Stampin' Up! design. However, I wanted to use them as Nat and I had crafted together with them last year and they remind me of her ;0) I accessorised the butterflies with various sized basic pearls and raised some with dimensionals. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
 
Hope you like my projects today and will join me in a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday to you" for my sister today who is busy working but will hopefully have the energy to enjoy our Chinese Takeaway this evening.
 
Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment