Friday 1 June 2012

A little bit of crafting

A while ago I posted about how Mum and I had spent a crafty day making up a batch of birth announcements/thank you cards for Summer's arrival. This was a few weeks before Summer was born and we made them so that all they needed was a photo to finish them off. Well last weekend I finally ordered some newborn photos of Summer to finish the cards ready to write and send out to all the generous and lovely people who have sent flowers, cards and gifts for my little Miss. More through luck than judgement I was able to order wallet sized prints (3" x 2") from Photobox and they fitted the So Saffron layer perfectly.
So the birth announcement was made with Whisper White, Rose Red and So Saffron cardstock and the Bundle of Love stampset. I used my blending pens to create the watercoloured effect with the bootees, rattle and rubber duck. I combined this with Stazon black ink to ensure the colours didn't run with the outline image. I embossed the cardblank with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and stamped polka dots using Whisper White ink and the Dot Dot Dot background stamp onto the Rose Red layers. I finished with a strip of Blushing Bride Poly Stitched Ribbon and a tag punched with the Decorative Label Punch and stamped with the 'Bundle of Love' sentiment.

I dont think the photo quite does the card justice. I am a bit behind with the housework at the moment so couldn't find somewhere nice to stage this pic. I am so pleased with how they have turned out. I just need to find the time to sit down and actually write them all out (I managed to address all the envelopes in advance!)

And just to post a few updates on my beautiful Summer. Here are some further highlights from her first three weeks:
A picnic in the garden with her Aunties and Nana ;0)
Using her bouncy chair for the first time.
A fun family portrait. I suddenly realised I had no pictures of the three of us so asked Mum to snap a few of Sam, Summer and I last week.

It has been a super busy week with lots of visitors and I'm finally a bit more mobile so have been out walking with Summer. I spent ages going through all the photos from her first couple of weeks and loading them up to Photobox. I spent a small fortune ordering lots of prints for me and the family. I can feel a mammouth scrapbooking session coming on to catch up on everything......

Happy crafting all and a fabulous long Jubilee weekend too ;0)
-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment