Monday 19 March 2012

A belated Mothers Day card

Thats not to say I belatedly gave the Mothers Day card, I'm just late in posting a picture of it. Again, I have to thank the fabulous Vicky for the inspiration. Her blog is just lovely so I thoroughly recommend a visit. I spotted her crocus card a couple of weeks ago and loved the use of markers and vellum to create this delicate flower card. I knew it would be perfect for my Mum for the big day yesterday. So I set about recreating it with my Stampin' Up! stash.

This uses the large heart from the Heart to Heart punch punched from vellum and coloured with Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush. The grass background is stamped using Just Believe. The basket is made with Early Espresso and embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder for the Big Shot. I embellished with Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon and the smallest designer buttons from the Subtles collection.

We all had a lovely Mothers Day here on the IOW yesterday. My day started with a surprise card and box of choccies from my soon to be born daughter (she is already writing from the womb would you believe? Although suspiciously the writing looked remarkably like her Dads!). Then bump and I drove over to Mums for a Mothers Day feast with my whole family. My Dad has a smoker and cooked the most gorgeous smoked salmon to accompany out buffet lunch. I just cannot get enough of smoked salmon during this pregnancy (I think she has expensive tastes). I then promptly snoozed the afternoon away on Mums sofa. It is a tough life being 7 months pregnant ;0)

Hope your week has started well. Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Crafting ;0)
-XXX-

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah - thank you so much for the lovely compliment and I'm so pleased that my crocus design came in handy! It sounds as if you had a great day yesterday - and I'm very impressed at gifts being sent from the womb! Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete