Friday 16 December 2011

JYC Days 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13

Wow I seem to have fallen very behind with my Christmas Journal blogging. To be honest, I have fallen behind with my Christmas Journal crafting. Between working and living out all the festivities, there has been little time for actual photographing and making!!! But i'm getting there slowly. And have scheduled myself an impromptu catch up day over the weekend. So hopefully I wont fall any further behind.

In the spirit of not stressing I am not sticking rigidly to the prompts this year. I am dipping in and out of the class and simply choosing which prompts fit and which days I would like to chat about a subject. Mainly I am just capturing the everyday goings on through December through my little mini pages ;0)

Days 9 & 10

Hmm... think this page is getting a little on the 'busy' side. And not so much in the spirit of simplicity. But I love the layout all the same. And my JYC album would not be complete without some Stampin' Up! pages would it? The papers I have used for this are the gorgeous and sparkly Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Papers with Crumb Cake windows to embellish. Took me ages to precisely cut out that bow for the central embellishment too (taken from one of the page designs- I do so love these details that keep my pages flat and the overall album not too wide!). You can also spot a little square of the GORGEOUS new Red Glimmer Paper (coming to a Mini Catalogue near you VERY soon!).

These two days photos cover the works Christmas do- an empty plate of roast dinner!! And the second day was the crop and the Brighstone Christmas Tree festival. This was the British Legion tree decorated with rememberance poppies. I thought this was an absolutely lovely tree and it really stood out.
 At this point in my journal I had a moment of baby brain and had a numbering malfunction. I created my next three days pages completely omitting the eleventh of December. Goodness knows how that happened. But as a result I had beautifully finished pages which then needed some rejigging. The lovely number window I created for this page ended up (somewhat out of place I might add) on Day 12 which is a shame. But I still love the overall feel of these pages.

Here are two Day 12 shots showing the page with and without the journalling. This was Sam and I's big day out to Bath for the last day of the Christmas market there. It was tipping it down so photo opportunities were few and far between unfortunately. But I couldnt miss the chance to include a photo of me and my good NY friend Francesca (and of course the obligatory Starbucks Egg Nog Latte picture too ;0).


 Days 12 and 13

Here is where the numbering malfunction shows its ugly head. My lovely pink ticket that looked so lovely on Day 11 looks a bit weird here. But thats one of the quirks of pregnancy I guess. And it gives my journal character (I journalled about the mess up on another page). I created both of these halfs of the page and realised there was no room for journalling. So I punched holes down a long album insert and journalled on that instead.

Day 12 was a quiet day for catching up and writing Christmas cards after a busy day at work. So not much to report there. Day 13 was my trip to Whippingham's WI meeting to demonstrate for them. I've had this in my diary for a long time and was really looking forward to showing them 4 simple Christmas projects (two of which I have included in my journal as a memory spark). Mum came with me and we helped to Demo the projects within a fixed amount of time. I think the ladies all really enjoyed it and it was fun to do something different of an evening too. 
 Here is one of the projects I demonstrated for the WI ladies. A folded pouch for a Christmas Tree decoration or place setting. I have adapted it and jazzed it up a bit to use as a journalling pouch in my album. I used it to reflect on the Christmas Past/Christmas Future prompt. No prizes for guessing that i am looking forward to about Christmas future. There will be very little sense coming from me until after my scan on Tuesday. I am so excited!! ;0)

I've also been busy beavering away in some kind of manic 'collecting' frenzy. This week I purchased our little ones Maxi Cosi car seat as well as a beautiful second hand Mamas and Papas moses basket. I think the organisation hormones might've kicked in. Or maybe its just the practical side of my brain thinking that i should get things done while i have the energy ;0)

Right, I hope to be back soon with more pics of my journal and how it is coming along....

Happy Crafting in the mean time
(oh and keep your fingers crossed for me on Tuesday that our little one behaves so we can find out whether its a little Miss or Mr).
-XX- 

1 comment:

  1. All of your pages look great! Love the little xmas pouch. Don't forget to let us know what flavor the baby is!!!

    ReplyDelete