Wednesday 7 December 2011

JYC Day 6

Here is my JYC Day 6 page. I love it when I can use odd scraps on a layout as it makes me feel like a good scrapbooking housekeeper. I had lots of strips of (sadly now retired) Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper left over from my Christmas craft day in the summer. We used these for our paper curl Christmas trees. I've not known what to do with them for months. But the dimensions of this page were perfect for using up these scraps.

I love the unusual combination of colours used in these papers and I thought they picked up on the festive feel of our RSPCA collection dog well. I didnt know where to start with yesterdays theme prompt so instead i decided to take my inspiration from my work place. Here at the Animal Centre we the staff have created the most lovely Santas Grotto to help raise funds for the IOW RSPCA. Outside the Grotto door sits this sad looking chap (not even that Santa hat can make him crack a smile ;0)

I used his photo as my focal point and I added a journalling insert over the top (it lies across the top of the page when the album is shut). I have been heartened this year by the kindness of the public. Working here is my first experience of working within a charity and I am overwhelmed by the kind donations of money or food we receive from passing members of the public daily. I journalled about how much I enjoy writing thank you letters to all the kind souls who send in a cheque with a Christmas card, either from their pet rehomed from our Centre or just to thank the staff for everything they do.

Working here has changed my perspective on things and I love working somewhere where the odd cat or dog will stick their nose in for a pat or for a biscuit. It is calming. And no matter how stressful a day I am having I know that only a few feet away there is a hedgehog to watch scurrying around or a dog in need of some affection. I am very thankful to have found this job and was happy to represent its importance in my JYC ;0)
Here is just a quick close up of my advent door for today:

Thanks again for stopping by and happy festive crafting to you all. I'm off for a crafty evening with friends tonight so hopefully there will be more inspiration to share tomorrow.
-XX-

1 comment:

  1. it sounds like you have found the perfect job there Sarah! loving your page that photo is a treat :)

    ReplyDelete