Wednesday 30 November 2011

A favourite Convention card

There were a number of very inspiring presentations at Convention, but one of the most memorable was by a Scottish Demo now living in France who taught us all the partial embossing technique (you can find more info on her blog here). I fell in love with her card that she demo'd as it showcases three of my favourite new products from the 2011-2012 catalogue, the Brushed Gold cardstock, the Antique Brads and the Victoria Crochet Trim. I made a very hasty trip to the Convention Boards to take a photo of her project after she'd completed her stint on stage.

Here is Moira's beautiful partial embossed Christmas card:
 And here is my attempt (almost identical I know). I had to make a few slight amendments to the design to teach at my Christmas card class on Saturday. This card was a real hit with my card class ladies at the weekend and the brads and crochet trim were very popular too.
Such a lovely technique that I'll definitely be trying again (although you would probably have laughed at me trying to master it for this one card!! Oh the mistakes I made! I promise it is quite simple if you follow a tutorial which is what I ended up doing after MANY failed attempts *laugh*)

Products used:

Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Brushed Gold
Trim: Victoria Crochet
Embellishments: Antique Brads & optional Basic Pearls
Stamp sets: The Christmas is from 'Heard from the Heart' and the Happy is taken from a sentiment in 'Polar Party'
Punches: Small Oval and Scalloped Oval
Embossing Folder: Vintage Wallpaper

Thank you for stopping by today ;0)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Sarah x Can't wait to see your JYC pages x x x

    ReplyDelete