Monday 5 September 2011

Season Of Joy Christmas Card


I am a little bit obsessed with Christmas crafting at the moment. I cannot seem to switch back into "normal" crafting mode (although I have been working on a wedding card and some swaps for a Stampin'  Up! training day I am going to which are totally unrelated to Christmas- more on those later in the week....)

I was going through a pile of papers earlier and came across this card from my Christmas Craft Day from last month. I really enjoyed this colour combination (Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip). Its not a traditional Christmas Combo but it reminded me of a hot chocolate on a cold winter day. Or more accurately it  reminded me of the Dark Cherry Mocha's that Starbucks sold a couple of Christmases back.

I've been trying to design simple and quick stamped Christmas cards to prove that handmade isn't necessarily a lot more work and time than shop bought cards. I've got so much lined up between now and Christmas that designing cards that can be created en masse is my new solution. Plus I am starting my planning super early too ;0)

So this is it. It uses the flower and flourish from Season of Joy. I have used my circle  and scallop circle punches to create the embellishment. The ribbon is a Chocolate Chip retired ribbon from last years Stampin' Up! catalogue.


I hope all is well wherever you are reading this from. I cannot believe the kids are back to school already and summer is officially over. Here on the Isle we had a big illuminated carnival on Saturday which always marks the end of the summer season of events here. Oh well, at least we can all legitimately start Christmas crafting without wishing our summers away ;0)
-XXX-

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning card Sarah! I love this set and this is a great design. Vx

    ReplyDelete