Saturday 10 September 2011

Last Chance List Blog Hop


Welcome to my little part of todays Blog Hop. Thank you for joining me from Laura's blog and I hope you've enjoyed all the inspiration so far.

For todays Last Chance List inspired hop I have chosen one of my favourite Stampin' Up! sets, Love You Much (if you click here you will find all my blogged projects using this stamp set previously). When I first discovered Stampin' Up! a couple of years ago this was right at the top of my shopping list and I will be so sad to see it retire come September 30th. Its been perfect for the recent spate of engagements and weddings amongst my friends and I've given this stamp set a fair few outings.

And on that note, that is where I am today. At one of the many weddings of 2011. So fingers crossed technology hasn't failed me and that you can all see this at the right time ;0) I will be home tomorrow and will be completing the hop and commenting on all the participants lovely projects then. Please bear with me.....
For todays project I decided to have a go at making an acetate box. I've seen lots of these made around the blogosphere and always think they look so lovely.  I wanted to use one of my less used colours, Rich Razzleberry and combine this with retiring striped ribbon and DSP (Love Letter).

My card and gift box together:
For the card I used the large Love You Much heart stamped in Rich Razzleberry onto Very Vanilla. I wrapped my Rich Razzleberry card stock layer with a trimmed length of striped ribbon and glued the heart to this. I then embellished with Basic Pearls (I used the smallest ones for the centre of the flowers on the heart and the pearl lengths to line the striped ribbon).
My acetate box is a small 2"x2" square base. Perfect to fit 4 pink heart shaped bath bombs in to make a lovely hostess gift or Valentines pressie. I created the top and bottom of the box using plain Rich Razzleberry cardstock. I then cut lengths of Love Letter DSP which I wrapped around the top and bottom. I embellished this with hearts punched with my Heart to Heart punch. The front embellishment is a Rich Razzleberry scalloped circle layered with the 'Hugs and Kisses' stamp from Love You Much (and basic pearls circling the scallops).
I hope you've enjoyed your stop by my blog today and be sure to continue by hopping onwards to Theresa's blog.

The full list of participants can be found below:

11 comments:

  1. Lovely projects Sarah. Thank you for taking part in the blog hop. Hope you have a good day at the wedding. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects. I love the Rich Razzleberry ribbon. The acetate box is a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous projects. the acetate box is a lovely idea.

    laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah- my favourite colour and one of my favourite sets - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the acetate box. You have done this stamp set a lot of justice.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful box and card Sarah! I really love how you've used the pearls with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely box and card - great idea to trim the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY CUTE :) TFS! I am a new follower and would be honored if you would check out my blog and become a follower too if you already aren't at http://acreativejourneywithmelissa.blogspot.com
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely projects... love the acetate box :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous projects you have created here today, I am in love with this ribbon and am sad it is going too, excited for all the new loveliness though!
    Great acetate box too :-)
    Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby projects - love your box and your colour choice x

    ReplyDelete