Thursday 8 September 2011

A final wedding card

Good morning all. Not sure whats got me up so early this morning. But as I am awake I thought I would share a new project with you. This Saturday is the final of my three summer weddings this year. I am safe to put this on my blog a bit early as I am sure the Bride and Groom have much more pressing matters to deal with than surf my blog ;0)

I made this card with the left overs from the wedding invites. If you see this post you can see that I have themed the wedding card with both the acceptance and invites that I made for them. They were so pleased with their invites that I wanted to tie in the additional cards I made for them (I also have one final project themed in the Cajun Craze, So Saffron, More Mustard, Early Espresson colour scheme to share. But that will have to wait until next week....)

To create this card I used a base of More Mustard and added Cajun Craze and stamped layers to this.  The leaf stamp is unfortunately from a retired Hostess Set from 2009-2010. I stamped the 'Congratulations' from Curly Cute in Chocolate Chip and added a length of Early Espresso ribbon. The hearts were punched with the Heart to Heart punch (the tiny Kraft letters are not SU but from my scrapbooking stash. They were the smallest letters I could find to add a tiny monogram). And finally I embellished with a length of linen thread and two tags stamped with 'Mr & Mrs' and 'Love' from Tiny Tags.

Really pleased with the result. I think the tiny tags finished the card off perfectly ;0)

And one more thing while I am blogging on this fine Thursday morning. This Saturday is the In Love With Stamping Last Chance List blog hop. So please pop by at 10am (*fingers crossed* the technology doesnt fail me as I will be at the wedding on the mainland!) and see all the lovely projects created by Stampin' Up! Demonstrators with stamp sets and products that are about to retire from the catalogue.

Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment