Monday 29 August 2011

Circle Circus Scrapbooking 1

What a lovely bank holiday weekend it has been. The weather has been changeable but its been fun all the same!  The rain held off at the important times (when Sam and I packed up on a long walk together on Saturday and again no downpours during yesterdays Handfasting). I've been super busy this weekend (sadly not all crafting!) and feel like i have had a thoroughly productive bank holiday. You might have noticed a few blog changes. I decided that with the upcoming new catalogue launch I would have a play with the layout of the blog and tidy a few things up. I'm super pleased with the result ;0)

So on to todays crafting share. I don't think I shared this layout earlier in the month. This was one of the Circle Circus layouts from this months Stampin' Scrappin! class. I mentioned yesterday that I'm feeling inspired by circles, and especially the Circle Circus stamp set (which lends itself so beautifully to scrapbooking layouts).

I started by drawing a light pencil line on my 12"x12" Old Olive base layer. I then stamped tone on tone using Old Olive ink various sized circles from the stamp set. I then cut an 8"x8" Whisper White square which I glued centrally. I stamped all different stamps from Circle Circus in Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red & Old Olive. I then punched them with the coordinating sized circle punches and layered them over the photo and the Old Olive stamped images. I then embellished with buttons and a small clip from the Stampin' Up! clip assortment. The title was stamped using the Just Perfect stamp set and Schoolbook numbers stamp set.

I'll share the second of the Circle Circus layouts tomorrow. I hope you are all enjoying the last of your Bank Holiday Monday ;0)

-XX-

1 comment: