Tuesday 19 July 2011

New Baby Card for a Tuesday Morning

Morning all,

Sorry for the lack of blogging. I have been busy busy busy over the weekend. Although I dont seem to have a lot to show for it. I've just signed up for a new class over at Shimelle.com called Explore so I spent yesterday having some fun creating my Playbook and taking some self portraits (I will share more on my makings in a different post I think). I'm so far really enjoying being part of an online class again.



Right back to todays makings. My lovely friend Saberina had her first baby last week. I am so excited for her so sat down and made her a congratulatory 'New Baby' card.

I themed it all around shades of green. I used Wild Wasabi (card blank), Old Olive (Ink and punched circle), Garden Green (Scallop circle) and Pear Pizzazz (main colour run through the Big Shot with my polka dots embossing folder + poly ribbon) with a bit of Whisper White for highlighting.
I stamped the baby image using All in the Family and 'Kaiden' using the Jumble alphabet. Unfortunately Stampin' Up! couldn't help me with the miniature numbers for Kaiden's birthdate so I had to raid my scrapbooking stash for those little numbers. I accented the whole card with three Itty Bitty Heart Buttons glued onto Wild Wasabi Hearts and two little Basic Pearls between the date numbers.

Right, I'll be back asap with info on my 'Explore' makes. Happy crafting to you all.

-XXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment