Thursday 14 July 2011

Harry Potter Scrapbooking

I received a Snapfish bundle of photos in the post yesterday and thought I would sit down and have a go at a layout. I'd seen this sketch and love the idea of a slightly skewiff design.I find it very hard to  not have straight lines and equal distances on my scrapbook pages. So this was almost a compromise. It still has my straight lines but they are angled?! 

My sister and I were in London last week at the same time as the Harry Potter premiere. It was crazy. There were thousands of people all around the streets of Trafalgar Square and Leicester Square, all hoping to catch a glimpse of the cast. We couldnt believe what a phenomenon Harry Potter is and what attention this final premiere had brought. I guess when you sit at home reading the books or watching the DVDs it is shared just between you and your family. You know you love them but dont realise just how many other people are out there loving them too. There was a real energy and excitement about the event, and even though we couldnt see a dickie bird we still wanted to stay.

To create the titles for this page I cut up the photos I had taken of the cinema and signs. They made perfect title additions to the page. And then I used the circles to capture little details of the event from the huge character banners to the crowds to the media circus. I embellished with my Stampin' Up! chipboard stars covered with Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red and Tempting Turquoise (I also daubered the edges in darker coloured inks). The printed word DSP in the background is from the Newspaper DSP paper pack. The base cardstock is Crumb Cake. Everything else is made up of bits and bobs from my stash drawer (I was surprised by the amount of lovely stars I managed to find) and papers from my odds and sods box.

Nearly the weekend. Happy Thursday crafting ;0)
-XXXX-

1 comment:

  1. My daughter has gone Potter potty! She and her friends are all dressing up to go to the MK premiere of the film tomorrow - it is a major thing! What a great idea to scrap your experience of it! Vx

    ReplyDelete