Tuesday 7 June 2011

Weekly Journal Catch Up

So I've had a major catch up with my weekly journal. I'd fallen 4 weeks behind with my pages and I'd collected together a few tickets and photos I wanted to scrapbook. So I sat down yesterday and created these pages in one go. I feel so much better for catching up and getting up to date. I had a list of things I wanted to capture in my journalling so it was important to me that I took my time to get each page just right.

Week 19: Water For Elephants
I loved the Sara Gruen book 'Water for Elephants' when I read it a few years ago. I wanted to dedicate a page in my journal to it as I finally got to the cinema to see the film. The elephant stamp is from a retired Level 1 Hostess Set 'Out of the Box'.

 Week 20: Dad's Pond
Dad's birthday pressie this year was a new pond built into Mum's old vege patch. Its taken a couple of weeks to complete but now its up and running its a lovely calming place to sit and watch the fish.
 Week 21: Pirates
There is a lot more to this page but I had to crop the photo to hide the jornalling. This page used a lot of old scraps of cardstock up. I used mainly: Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant and Night of Navy. I was trying to tie the colours into the Pirates of the Caribbean photo (and ticket colour). This week was also my May summary page.

This month I have been:
Listening to: Lady Gaga
Watching: Lady Gaga performing at Radio One's Big Weekend (spotting a theme here this month)
Reading: Angeology (cannot spell this title at all)
Visiting: The cinema
 Week 22: Lily's Christening
I have another page to post tomorrow for Week 22. But I also created this page as I thought it was a perfect opportunity to use the Nursery Suite Speciality Papers from Stampin' Up! I cut one of the die cut sheets in half and cut it again to to fit my journal page. I then created a pocket with a sheet of the rabbit covered paper in which to keep the service sheet and to layer a photo on top of. This wasnt the best photo and it was a bit blurry but I wanted a pic to capture the afternoon. I embellished with a butterfly which had been stood on the edge of the wine glasses at the post-Baptism celebration and a few pieces of the table confetti (a perfect match to the rabbits on the DSP). A simple but effective page.
Happy Crafting
-XX-

No comments:

Post a Comment