Tuesday 14 June 2011

Hawaii Scrapping

I'm home from my camping adventure over the (rainy) weekend. I definitely need a holiday to recover from the long weekend. Although I have to say the weekend highlight for me was definitely attempting to take down the tent in the driving rain and wind. I don't think I have laughed that hard in ages. Although driving back to the island with soggy feet wasn't so much fun.

But back to crafting. Here are a couple of layouts I completed last week whilst at a local crafty evening. I was lacking in inspiration but went through my photo stack and came across these and then all of a sudden my mojo returned and I created two pages that I love.

Now these are Stampin' Up! but not that you'd know as they were given to me from the US catalogue last year. These lovely tropical papers were in the US mini catalogue and had a stamp set to match. I just adore them and keep hoping they might make an appearance over here so I can restock on papers (and get the matching stamps). These papers fitted perfectly with the Hawaiian theme of my LOs and I couldn't resist using them (they've been in my 'to be looked at only' pile for a while. I do so love to keep my favourite papers and just stroke them from time to time).

I used a base cardstock of 12x12 textured Whisper White for both LOs (sorry they've gotten a bit lost on the white background).

The first LO features a Bevelled Window Pane to highlight the gorgeous little Tempting Turquoise turtle. I've kept the embellishment quite simple to feature the papers as the LO star.

For this page I cut smaller squares from the tropical DSP and laid them as the background. I used a Melon Mambo cardstock layer trimmed to slightly larger than the 6x4 photo to frame the picture. I then cut the flowers from the matching DSP. I used an 'Aloha' charm from a broken keychain as an extra corner embellishment. I also used two lengths of In Colour polyribbon (Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait) along the bottom of the photo. Again, a simple but effective LO which makes a feature of both the photo and the beautiful DSP.
 And now for a few camping photos for Mum to see (she is currently off adventuring with my Dad and youngest lil sister). I thought I would share the highlights (which are sure to be scrapbooked very soon!).

Me and Kala keeping warm in the tent (on a very unsteady but old faithful camping chair). it was certainly chilly in the evenings.
 Sam, Kala and I took a sunset stroll on Chesil Beach.
The view of Chesil Beach from the campsite.
 Sam and Kala overlooking Chesil Beach from the hills of Portland.
Happy crafting all ;0)

1 comment:

  1. great LO's Sarah! the papers are perfect !!!!! and it looks like you had some blue skys over the weekend! it was wet wet wet over here on the island. We must catch up soon! Px

    ReplyDelete