Wednesday 1 June 2011

Creative Embossing

I've been attempting a few new embossing techniques inspired by some of the lovely creations over on In Love With Stamping. I decided to give double embossing a go. For this card I took a piece of Poppy Parade Designer Series Paper and placed it into the Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder which I had brayered with Versamark. Once I ran it through the Big Shot I then covered the paper with white embossing powder. It stuck only to the flat area, leaving the Big Shot embossed flowers sticking out.  I heat embossed the white powder to give it a glossy embossed sheen. I then finished with a Pear Pizzazz paper layer, a length of Pear Pizzazz Poly Ribbon, a greeting stamped onto vellum and then layered onto matching Poppy Parade DSP.

Not sure my explanation of the embossing method makes sense above, so please get in touch if you'd like further info: poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 01983 609249.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'd never have thought of doing this! It looks amazing and isn't the white embossing powder detailed?!! Hope you had a lovely bank holiday weekend. Vx

    ReplyDelete