Sunday 1 May 2011

Happy May 1st and a Happy Birthday to my Dad

In celebration of May Day and my Dad's birthday I am sharing the birthday card I've made him today. This is scheduled as I'll be BBQing with my family to celebrate (hopefully we're still enjoying lovely weather). We have my grandparents visiting as well as my sis home from Uni for the weekend.

I decided to keep Dad's birthday card quite simple as he wouldn't have appreciated the fuss of a highly decorated floral card *laugh* And as I haven't used my Owl Punch in a while I decided to give this an outing (along with the lovely Woodland Walk Designer Series Paper which I recently purchased but havent used). So here it is:

I've used the wood pattern paper with an oval punched out to represent a hole in the bark. The sentiment is stamped from the Level 2 Hostess Set Something to Celebrate in Chocolate Chip. I've punched the Owl from Chocolate Chip cardstock with his chest punched from coordinating paper from the Woodland Walk series. To finish I punched a leaf branch from the Two Step Bird punch.

Happy May Day Crafting ;0)
-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment