Thursday 14 April 2011

Happy Thursday Crafting

Here are another couple of makes from this months card class. I designed the first card to match the handbag in my earlier post. It once again uses Baja Breeze and Springtime Vintage as its theme colours (with Rose Red and Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon to finish). I've cut the Top Note with my Big Shot and embossed the quilted patches with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. The Twisted Easel card is then finished with the Decorative Label Punch and a stamp from the Four Frames Stamp  Set.

This second card is inspired by a beautiful card I spotted on the samples board at the recent Stampin' Up! training I attended. It was then sent to me as part of a Demonstrator swap by the inspirational Jo over at Stampin' N Stuff. I decided to give it a go and so far my card class ladies have really loved it. It is supposed to have a section of map from the Newsprint DSP along the bottom but this piece ended up not to actually show any part of a map so looks a bit peculiar. I antiqued the map using my distressing kit to give a bit more  of an old-y world-y look. This showcases the Plane and Simple stamp set so beautifully. I just adore the sketch book look of this plane and compass.

Happy crafting to all.  Hope all is still well out there in blogland. My creativity is taking a bit of a backseat at the moment. But hoping you'll all still check in with me from time to time.  I'll be back to my best asap. And on that note I'm off to put the finishing touches to 70 handmade Stampin' Up! wedding invites......

-xxx-

No comments:

Post a Comment