Thursday 17 March 2011

Shimelle's 4x6 Photo Love Month 2

This is a terrible photo but I couldn't wait till tomorrow to post my latest LO. Having posted earlier about losing my mojo a bit recently I decided to completely give myself the night off worrying about everything else going on and let myself just enjoy crafting for a couple of hours. And this is what I came up with.

I decided to have a go at Shimelle's second month of 4x6 Photo Love. I kept to the sketch idea quite strictly to help me get back on track with my crafting. Following a Shimelle sketch usually gives me a confidence boost when I am super happy with the result. Mind you, I think the photo content doesnt need a great deal of embellishment. My dog Kala is just too lovely and no photo can capture just how gorgeous she is.

For this LO I used a whole load of new stash!!! Woohoo for new papers and new stamp sets. I bought the Stampin' Up! Sunny Garden Designer Series Paper a month or so ago but had kept it sealed until I got myself the Cottage Garden Stamp Set to match. I layered up lots of different designs from the paper pack. Then used a strip of Peach Parfait Level 1 Hostess Set DSP to finish (the flowery strip above the photos).  I stamped both of the Cottage Garden flowers with Peach Parfait ink onto So Saffron textured cardstock and cut these out as my focus embellishments (finished with a large pearl in the centre). I should have made the flowers a bit more yellow to match the daffodils. But I sadly didnt  have any Daffodil Delight CS to hand. The base cardstock is Certainly Celery.  An almost wholly Stampin' Up! scrapbooking layout ;0)

Thanks for looking at my blog today and Happy Crafting ;0)
-X-

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty layout, I really must have a go at scrapbooking, tfs and hope you are well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kala's such a poser :) and why not when you're that pretty!!! I see the OA minimarket stickers got used again ;) I had a lovely time this afternoon. thank you for making room for me at your class table :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look at your gorgeous puppy! Love the layering on your layout.

    ReplyDelete