Saturday 4 December 2010

Journal Your Christmas Day 3

Back again! I've been up since 6am making Christmas cards for all my lovely customers. For my inspiration this morning I used the Colour Coach. I knew I wanted to have a go at a Christmas card using Pear Pizzazz but wasnt sure what to match it with. And what a lovely colour combo the Colour Coach came up with- Pear Pizzazz and Rich Razzleberry! I wouldnt have thought it would work but it does ;0)

I used this with my new set purchased as part of the Christmas Bundle promo (please see this post) - Gifted. I love these stockings. They were what attracted me to the promotion in the first place. A very striking yet simple Christmas card.

 I also had a go at this card using the Christmas Tree from the Contempo Christmas set. I've had the set a while and used the ornament and sentiments a lot. But this is the first outing for the lovely little tree. I think I'll add a few sparkly rhinestones to the tree to bling it up a bit. This is a card for someone lovely. But I wont say who right now as I know she reads this blog from time to time.
 Now on to yesterdays Journal Your Christmas. The prompt said to think about Christmas Cards and who we sent greetings to and why (should've been today really with the amount of cards i've made today). Well this year I've been super organised and I sent all my cards on December 1st. So instead of planning or writing a list I used the pages in my journal to capture cards i have received so far and also use a card I had designed (one of the ones i used to send to friends and family) as a jounalling card (more hidden journalling too....). I've managed to 'collect' a great deal of dear friends through living in so many places and meeting so many fantastic people everywhere I go. Christmas is a perfect time for me to sit down and make sure I say a heart felt hello to each and every one of them. It is well worth the fact that i am incapable of making a card that I can fit into a normal envelope with a first class stamp on (Large Letter Stamps all the way for me this year.....).

For both these LOs I used the now retired Christmas DSP from last years Stampin' Up! catalogue. These are my first proper Stampin' Up!-y pages for the journal. Which is only right and proper considering the significant impact the company has had on my life this year and how much I am enjoying being a demonstrator (no doubt this will crop up again in my journalling!).

JYC is proving a real challenge for me as I am an absolute perfectionist when it comes to my crafting (especially scrapbooking). So for me to NOT spend hours and hours over every single detail goes against the grain. However, I was determined that it would not become a chore. So I am trying new things and new styles on each and every page and trying not to get hung up on the detailing and obsessing over the imperfections ;0)

Until tomorrow.... Happy Festive Crafting.....
-XXXX-

3 comments:

  1. day three is looking good!!! I love the envelope pocket for your journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great pages Sarah! Love the envelope with your journaling. Fab cards too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards and lovely page! Kind regards from Poland!

    ReplyDelete