Friday 5 November 2010

Hellooooo from Convention

Well actually this is a scheduled post so not technically from Convention. But as I am there now I wanted to schedule a post to show you my hundreds of different swaps I made for the event.

Here is a pic of my main general swap (120+ made): 

 For this my Mum and I started collecting bits and bobs and drying them out back in September. We created a scented Christmas pot pourri using garden items such as fir cones and beech nuts. I then emptied out my spice cupboards to make the little scented gingerbread men (you can just about see him in the left of the bag). You basically add LOTS of mixed spices (ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves) in a bowl and add spoonfuls of apple sauce till you have a stiff dough. You can then roll out and cut Christmas-y shapes. You leave these to dry and you can then use them in pot pourri or as tree decorations. If you hang them near a radiator the heat makes the whole room smell like Christmas ;0)

To finish these little bags off I used the Jolly Holiday DSP and Season Of Joy Stamps (with Cherry Cobler Ink).

Here is a pic of just a small selection of each of my swaps laid out at home. Top left: Card Candy Swap. Bottom Left: Business Tool Swap. Centre: CMC 9cm square Mini LO swap (90 made!). Right: my general swap detailed above:
 Here is a close up of my card candy swap. I chose the Playful Pieces Level 3 Hostess Set as the stampset for my candy. I then themed the pieces around the Sweet & Sour DSP (Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie & Very Vanilla).
I will post more detail upon my return. But just wanted to upload a little something in my absence to show you all what has kept me so busy this past couple of months.....

Thanks for reading.

-XXXX-

No comments:

Post a Comment