Thursday 26 August 2010

Scrap With Us Week 27- What Makes You Happy/ Alter Your Paper

I'm on a scrapbooking roll at the moment.... I completed another double LO last night with two photos I took a month or so ago in my garden (its hard to remember a time when the sun was shining and it wasn't tipping down with rain!?). The challenge was to scrap 'What Makes You Happy' and to 'Alter' your paper.

Well I sat down with a table full of 12x12 papers and cardstock in front of me a bit bewildered. I recently bought a stash goody bag with various papers and accessories in and in that I had 3 printed acetate sheets. One of which was printed with a stitched garden design in orange. I used this as my basis for 'altering' the summer LO. Its a bit of a cheat I know. But I altered the basic Yoyo Yellow CS by layering the acetate print over the top (creating my own designed background). I altered the Only Orange paper with a series of ladybird stamps I have collected over the years (the ladybirds in red are from the Garden Whimsy Stampin' Up! set and the ladybirds in black I bought on holiday in the states back in 2006). I then used my circle scallop and circle punches with the Schoolbook alphabet for the titles.

The colors I used were: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Only Orange, Real Red & YoYo Yellow. I combined this with the butterfly & ladybird papers from my stash. All in all, I am super pleased with how they turned out. In fact these LOs turned out better than the picture in my head for once ;0)

For any questions regarding Stampin' Up! products, workshops or hostess benefits, please do not hesitate to contact me on either poulton_sarah@yahoo.co.uk or 07830 343830.

1 comment:

  1. Great Double LO Sarah! I love how you have mixed the colours up on each page but kept them matched. of course I'm loving the ladybirds :) Hope tomorrow goes well for you! Px

    ReplyDelete