Tuesday 13 July 2010

Saturday's WCC Crop & Scrap With Us

Well first, apologies for my long absence from blogging! I cannot believe its mid July almost already! I took last week off work and have had sporadic internet access. Had a brilliant week just chilling. Went camping for a couple of nights with my mum and sisters (I say camping, we slept for one night in a tent, the next I chickened out as it was too chilly and slept on a blow up bed on my Mum and Dad's front room floor *lol*)

Saturday was my third Wight Craft Circle crop in Binstead. And what a productive day I had! Probably due to 1) having some great photos to work with and 2) I had actually done some design and planning towards my LOs before leaving the house (which is invaluable when packing stash to cart along with me on the bus!). I decided to work on a few of the current and previous Scrap With Us challenges. I created LOs for:

Week 08- Scrap Your Family

This is my absolute favourite LO to date. I took inspiration from a poster i have seen about the island which has used a similar tree photo idea. I took the idea and drew this myself free hand and made it my own. It takes up almost a full 12x12 piece of paper. I had thought about adding a title and embellishment. But actually I love it just plain and simple as is. I didn't want to overcomplicate it. I'm letting the photos speak for themselves with this one....

Week 20: Cream of the Crop

Well, this scrap challenge came along at the perfect time! I had just spent last weekend repainting the exterior of my house with Mum and Dad. I had chosen a beautiful shade of Cornish Cream. My house now looks like a gorgeous cornish fisherman's cottage (well with a bit of imagination it could!). I had looked at a few of Paige's LO's using acrylic paints as a background and had wanted to have a go. Well, rather than use real artists paint I used Sandtex exterior masonry paint instead! I wanted to capture the exact shade I had used to paint the house ;0) And many thanks to Sam for use of her fabulous Cricut for the alphas. I've so got to add this to the top of my 30th birthday pressie list ;0)
And my last LO was just for fun and practice really. My Mum, sisters and I spent a day at Marwell Zoo last week. I have wanted to do a Cheetah (my favourite animal) related design for a while as I received the animal print tissue paper used on this LO as wrapping round some craft supplies I bought a while ago. It was too beautiful to throw away so I have been neatly keeping it in my cardstock box. Mixing the Marwell cheetahs with the photo of my Mum and sisters worked rather well considering the randomness of it.
I have quite a few things to keep you all up to date on in the upcoming weeks. (And I'll also have a lot of pictures to post soon too!) I have a workshop next week which i have designed a lovely make and take for and a gorgeous demo too. My next card class is Saturday July 24th 1-4pm which I also have a few things in the pipeline for (Pictures will be posted asap). And lastly, Mum and I are off to Bicester on Sunday for my upline Michelle's quarterly training. Should be an exciting day of meeting other demos and just generally talking Stampin Up which I cannot wait for ;0) Mum and I spent a whole day last week designing and making (production line style) 16 swaps for the training. Looking forward to seeing what projects other demos bring along to swap.
And a quick advance notice that the lovely Paige and I are sharing a table in the craft tent at the Chale Show in August. If you'd like to come along and find out more about Stampin' Up! I'll be there to answer any questions ;0)
-XXXX-

1 comment:

  1. Loving the LO's Sarah! Your tree is AMAZING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete