Monday 10 May 2010

My first Stampin Up workshop

The lovely Paige was my hostess on Friday evening for my very first Stampin Up workshop. I had practiced my demo and 'make and take' over and over so I was very well prepared. I was so pleased with how it all went and it was lovely to share SU with some lovely crafters. Paige had done such a fantastic job with nibbles and drinks that I was happy we managed to get her some lovely hostess goodies as a thank you ;0)

Here are the two projects I demo'd for Paige's workshop:

This mini scrapbook page was a variation on a demo that I saw in Liverpool at the Hobbycrafts show. I made a couple of different versions of it showing how it could easily be adapted into a greetings card with the addition of an extra flower and a greeting stamp. For this project we used: Chocolate Chip Card, Old Olive Card, Pink Passion Card, Taken With Teal Ink, Pink Passion Ink, Earth Elements Stampin Writes, Heart to Heart Punch, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, and the My Sweet Pea Stamp Set from the new mini catalogue.While seeking inspiration for my demo project (knowing that i wanted to demo the Sweet Treat Cups) I had a look around at a few of my fellow SU demos websites. I came across a card similar to the above on my lovely upline Michelle's website. I used my own tools and colours to personalise this project and to make a lovely adult style card from the Something Sweet Stamp Set (I have previously posted the many variations of childrens cards I have made with this set).

This card used: Taken With Teal Card, More Mustard Card & Ink, Chocolate Chip Card & Ink, Old Olive Card and Ink, Sweet Pea Designer Paper Stack (Mini Catalogue), Tiny Tags Stamp Set and Punch (Mini Catalogue), Sweet Treat Cup, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, linen thread & paper piercing tool.

2 comments:

  1. the party was FAB!!! and you did a wonderful job at demo'ing. I am already looking forward to when Sam has her party and all the lovely goodies I can order ;)

    ReplyDelete